Local Disaster Responder
Local Disaster Responder
Be part of the Disaster Cycle Services and help our clients to prepare for, respond to, and recover from local and national disasters.Apply Now
ARC: Arcadia Red Cross Office,ARC: Commerce Red Cross Office,ARC: DTLA LA Red Cross Humanitarian Services HQ,ARC: Glendale Red Cross Office,ARC: Long Beach Red Cross Office,ARC: Palmdale Red Cross Office,ARC: Santa Monica Red Cross Office,Community of focus: Bell Gardens area,Community of focus: Compton area,Community of focus: East LA area,Community of focus: El Monte area,Community of focus: Huntington Park area,Community of focus: Koreatown area,Community of focus: Paramount area,Community of focus: Pomona area,Community of focus: Rosemead area,Community of focus: San Fernando area,Community of focus: South LA area,Community of focus: Van Nuys area,Community of focus: Westlake/Pico Union area,Community of focus: Wilmington area,Field: Disaster Response Operation / Deployment,Field: Eastern Kern County,Field: Inyo County,Field: Local Disaster Response / 24/7 On-Call,Field: Mono County,Field: Variable throughout LA County,Remote: Virtual / Work from home,Youth Corps: Santa Clarita Youth Corps
Interested in volunteering with Disaster Cycle Services areas:
- Preparedness Education: Educate local residents by hosting Red Cross information booths and preparedness presentations in the community
- Home Fire Preparedness Campaign: Installation of smoke alarms
- Disaster Action Team: Assist in providing emergency relief to those affected by disasters or during large-scale responses.
- Information and Planning
- Mass Care: Provide activities and services on a congregate basis to the community as a whole, such as sheltering, feeding and distribution of emergency supplies.
- Client Recovery: Evaluate needs, provide services and maintain records for clients.
- Disaster Workforce Engagement: Recruit, prepare, deploy and engage disaster workforce in response and recovery activities.
- Age of 18 or older
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and proper time management skills
- Ability to interact well and work with diverse populations, including employees and volunteers
- Listen and be empathetic to diverse populations of clients
- Meet the requirements and competencies for the response group, activity and position based on the individual's interests, including through training, physical abilities and on-the-job response experience
All new volunteers must complete the following steps prior to having their Red Cross Disaster Services Badge issued:
- Online Volunteer Screening
- 20min Phone Interview
- Two-hour online orientation
- Supervisor Meeting (Badge collection)
All new volunteers must complete phone interview within 7 days of completion of volunteer screening, and orientation within 7 days of phone interview.
- Enhance personal organizational and leadership skills
- Be a valued team member in disaster settings, learning new skills and have a rewarding experience helping people affected by disasters
Length of Appointment
Once trained, may remain as long as participation, training and volunteer information is updated as required by Region.
Working with Los Angeles Region disaster services employees, volunteers and community partner organizations