*Blood Donor Ambassador
*Blood Donor Ambassador
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Assist donors with re-hydrating after donation and observe for post-donation reactions. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.Apply Now
Gratiot County,Jackson County,Kalamazoo County,Lapeer County,Macomb County,Wayne County
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow and direct donors to tablet registration
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
- Check if donor was provided post-donation information before leaving the drive
- Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Must be over the age of 16
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
- Red Cross Volunteer Orientation
- Onboarding with the American Red Cross Biomedical Dept
- Online Blood Drive Volunteer Training in EDGE
- Ongoing training and refresher courses
- Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
- Network and meet new people
- Develop customer service skills that last a lifetime
Length of Appointment
- One 6 hour weekday shift every month
- Must be ready to volunteer with 72 hours of initial contact from Blood Services Coordinator