BS: Blood Services Donor Ambassador
BS: Blood Services Donor Ambassador
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.Apply Now
Ashtabula County Office,Erie County Office,Greater Akron and Mahoning Valley Chapter Office (Summit),Heartland, Stark & Muskingum Lakes Chapter Office (Stark),Lorain County Office,Medina County Office,North Central Ohio Chapter Office (Hancock) ,Northeast Ohio Chapter Office (Cuyahoga),Northwest Ohio Chapter Office (Lucas),Sandusky County Office,Trumbull/Mahoning Counties Office,Tuscarawas County Office,Wayne County Office
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Must be over the age of 16
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
NOTE: May be required to meet 18 or over age requirements to take temperatures and perform certain disinfecting tasks.
- Onboarding with the American Red Cross Biomedical Dept
- Online Blood Drive Volunteer Training in EDGE
- Ongoing training and refresher courses
- Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
- Network and meet new people
- Develop customer service skills that will last a lifetime!
Length of Appointment
Minimum of six-month commitment
- YOUTH APPLICANTS, AGE 16+ REQUIRED
- Flexible, based on personal schedule
- The majority of blood drives typically run M-F 8am-7pm; with shifts a mininum of 4 hours; Intermittent weekend drives available
- Minimum of 1-2 shifts per month, for minimum six-month commitment.
- Must have own transportation and willingness to travel throughout county of residence and/or adjacent communities.