Performs or coordinates the maintenance, repairs and general upkeep of American Red Cross facilitiesApply Now
Blue Earth County
- Complete maintenance work orders for facilities in the Region or Chapter.
- Conduct regular inspections of buildings to identify repair or maintenance needs as they arise.
- Perform maintenance and repair work, such as painting, electrical, plumbing, carpentry depending on identified skill level and training.
- Serve as a local point of contact for maintenance service contractors to ensure their work is completed timely and economically.
- Will participate in office relocation efforts, and the support details related to opening or closing of American Red Cross facilities.
- Assist with facility emergency drills
- Work with regional Operations staff to identify opportunities for more efficient management of American Red Cross facilities.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with established policies and procedures to assure compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations.
Length of Appointment
1 year, renewable
Varies depending on need, but approximately 8-10 hours per month
Must be able to volunteer during business hours (8am-5pm Monday through Friday)
May be called in “emergency” situations, depending upon availability
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds
- Maintain a valid driver's license/ID from the state in which they reside
- Mechanical and organizational skills