NHQ:DEI - Volunteer Partner
NHQ:DEI - Volunteer Partner
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) department. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Volunteer Partner will partner with the DEI Consultation Team to provide leadership and support to Red Cross DEI programs. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is embedded in the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement and a growing pillar of strength for the American Red Cross. We are transforming into a culture that celebrates diversity and embraces inclusion while driving for equity in the way we serve communities. This transformation requires risk taking, internal drive, and the willingness to do things differently. The DEI team is a catalyst for our ongoing transformational change, and we are looking for skilled leaders to join our committed team.Apply Now
Partner with the DEI Consultation Team to provide leadership, organization, and coordination to support the key activities of the DEI Team, including planning, governance and strategic program and project management. Provide input and ideas for improvements to programs, processes and engagement of the DEI Team; provide leadership and direction to work groups, project teams, and activities focused on DEI; and provide expertise to support the successful delivery of key projects in the DEI portfolio. Leverage extensive knowledge of relationship building and communications to drive change and assist in the continued development and implementation of the Red Cross DEI Strategy aligned with strategic business priorities.
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually.
- Experience with senior-level organizational change management.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience leading cross-functional projects of varying complexity across a geographically dispersed organization.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience which includes program and project management.
- Substantial track record of successfully delivering business improvement/system/integration initiatives.
- Senior-most project leadership roles, accountable for all aspects of successful project delivery. Excellent leadership, communication, and analytical skills. Previous experience preparing, presenting, and discussing information and materials at the executive level.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to easily navigate through an organization and build strong relationships. Robust problem-solving skills coupled with a process improvement mindset.
- Experience in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Facility with remote collaboration tools including MS Teams.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of program or service.
- Demonstrated ability in creating presentations and developing training modules. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to comply with current public health and Red Cross policies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of and experience in DEI preferred, but not required.
Training: Orientation to the American Red Cross On-the-job training from supervisor, as needed Basic orientation to Red Cross
Opportunity to work with senior-level executives in the organization and on key organizational initiatives and projects. Opportunity to lead programs and projects related to DEI.
Length of Appointment
Minimum 1 year commitment, renewable
Time Commitment: 4-8 hours per week. Availability during business hours will be required, though the majority of work should be able to be accomplished during evenings and weekends, if desired.