NHQ:IT - End User Services: Technology Solutions Volunteer
NHQ:IT - End User Services: Technology Solutions Volunteer
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) department. This opportunity requires participation in in-person activities and/or perform work in a Red Cross facility. IT End User Services Technology Solutions provides 24/7 support to Biomedical, Chapter and Corporate customers throughout the United States. IT End User Services Technology Solutions mission is to provide support of business processing requirements within a secure 24/7 environment. The IT EUS: Technology Solutions Volunteer applies understanding and knowledge of enterprise applications, products and services with a focus on Microsoft Office 365 (O365) to assist internal users of Red Cross systems and applications, IT End User Services Technology Solutions Team, Volunteer Support Program Team, Red Cross end-users. The duties above indicate the essential functions of the position. This opportunity is strictly a virtual (Work-From-home) position but there may be an opportunity for travel and participation in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs. Incumbent may periodically be requested to work non-standard business hoursApply Now
Alcona County,Alger County,Allegan County ,Alpena County,Ann Arbor Office,Ann Arbor VA Medical Center,Antrim County,Arenac County,Baraga County,Barry County,Battle Creek Air National Guard Base,Battle Creek VA Medical Center,Bay County,Benzie County,Berrien County,Branch County,Calhoun County,Cass County,Charlevoix County,Cheboygan County,Chippewa County,Clare County,Clinton County,Crawford County,Detroit Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS),East Central Bay Chapter ,East Central Bay Chapter Office,Eaton County,Emmet County,Galdwin County,Galdwin County,Genesse County,Grand Traverse County,Gratiot County,Gratiot County Office (Alma),Hillsdale County,Huron County,Ingham County,Ionia County,Iosco County,Isabella County,Jackson County,Jackson County Office,John D. Dingell Detroit VA Medical Center,Kalamazoo County,Kalkaska County,Kent County,Lake County,Lansing Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS),Lapeer County,Leelanau County,Lenawee County,Livingston County,Livingston County Office,Luce County,Mackinac County,Macomb County,Manistee County,Marquette County,Mason County,Mecosta County,Mid-Michigan Chapter ,Mid-Michigan Chapter Office,Midland County,Missaukee County,Montcalm County,Montmorency County,Muskegon County,Muskegon VA Clinic,Newaygo County,Northern Michigan Chapter,Northern Michigan Chapter Office,Oakland County,Oceana County,Ogemaw County ,Osceola County,Oscoda County,Otsego County,Otsego County Office (Gaylord),Ottawa County,Presque Isle County,Regional ,Remote/Virtual Volunteer Opportunity,Roscommon County,Saginaw County,Saginaw VA Medical Center,Sanilac County,Schoolcraft County,Selfridge Air National Guard Base,Shiawassee County ,Shiawassee County Office,Southeast Michigan Chapter,Southeast Michigan Chapter Office,Southwest Michigan Chapter,Southwest Michigan Chapter Office,St. Clair County,St. Joseph County,Tuscola County,Van Buren County,Washtenaw County,Wayne County,West Michigan Chapter ,West Michigan Chapter Office,Wexford County,Wyoming VA Clinic
Reporting to an IT EUS Technology Solutions Director, the Technology Solutions Volunteer may:
- Gather, compile, and synthesize information on technology processes or systems
- Prepare charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submit recommendations for solution
- Apply knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to enable team members to meet requirements
- Produce deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and post-implementation support and system enhancements
- Provide input to senior team members regarding team knowledgebase requirements
- Adhere to all support processes, procedures, and expectations established by management to meet the highest level of customer care
- Work routine cases with ease and gradually takes on complex cases with the aid of a team member
- Meet all Service Level Targets
Length of Appointment
6-12 months with reappointment as mutually agreed
Volunteers must be available on a regular basis during normal business hours when most IT work is performed. Although there may be occasional requests for after-hours or weekend work, volunteers who are only available evenings and weekends would not be an appropriate fit for this position.
Normal Business hours are based on 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time . Generally, 1 to 3 hours per day, 3 - 4 days per week.
Must be able to participate in core meetings and communicate/adhere to a dependable schedule.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle best practices
- Knowledge of supporting disciplines such as Logistics, Project, Process or Product Management
- Expertise in O365 applications such as SharePoint, PowerBI, Yammer, OneDrive, etc.
- Ability to identify content that is duplicative or does not adhere to Policy or Procedure standards/requirements and escalate for mitigation
- Recognize errors and correct to meet organizational standards
- Troubleshoot problems and work with other groups to find solutions
- Work independently with little supervision
- Prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Speak and communicate effectively and in an articulate and diplomatic manner across all levels of the organization
- Follow outlined processes and procedures
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection.
- Willingness to carry vaccination card to work assignments.
- American Red Cross Orientation
- Task-specific orientation and training will be provided