*Disaster Action Team (DAT) Member
*Disaster Action Team (DAT) Member
This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing. DAT Members participate in all DAT program support and capacity building activities necessary to ensure effective service delivery during a DAT response.Apply Now
Ada Co, ID,Adams Co, ID,Baker Co, OR,Bannock Co, ID,Bear Lake Co, ID,Beaverhead Co. MT,Big Horn Co, MT,Bingham Co, ID,Blaine Co, ID,Blaine Co, MT,Boise Co, ID,Bonneville Co, ID,Broadwater Co, MT,Butte Co, ID,Camas Co, ID,Canyon Co, ID,Carbon Co, MT,Caribou Co, ID,Carter Co, MT,Cascade Co, MT,Cassia Co, ID,Chouteau Co, MT,Clark Co, ID,Clearwater Co, ID,Custer Co, ID,Custer Co, MT,Daniels Co, MT,Dawson Co.,Deer Lodge Co, MT,Elmore Co, ID,Fallon Co. MT,Fergus Co, MT,Flathead Co, MT,Franklin Co, ID,Fremont Co, ID,Gallatin Co, MT,Garfield Co, MT,Gem Co, ID,Glacier Co, MT,Golden Valley Co, MT,Gooding Co, ID,Granite Co, MT,Hill Co, MT,Idaho Co, ID,Jefferson Co, ID,Jefferson Co, MT,Jerome Co, ID,Judith Basin Co, MT,Lake Co, MT,Latah Co, ID,Lemhi Co, ID,Lewis & Clark Co, MT,Lewis Co, ID,Liberty Co, MT,Lincoln Co, ID,Lincoln Co, MT,Madison Co, ID,Madison Co. MT,Malheur Co, OR,McCone Co, MT,Meagher Co. MT,Mineral Co, MT,Minidoka Co, ID,Missoula Co, MT,Musselshell Co, MT,Nez Perce Co, ID,Oneida Co, ID,Owyhee Co, ID,Park Co. MT,Payette Co, ID,Petroleum Co, MT,Phillips Co. MT,Pondera Co. MT,Powder River Co. MT,Powell Co, MT,Power Co, ID,Prairie Co, MT,Ravalli Co, MT,Richland Co, MT,Roosevelt Co, MT,Rosebud Co, MT,Sanders Co, MT,Sheridan Co, MT,Silver Bow Co, MT,Stillwater Co, MT,Sweet Grass Co, MT,Teton Co, ID,Teton Co, MT,Toole Co, MT,Treasure Co, MT,Twin Falls Co, ID,Union Co, OR,Valley Co, ID,Valley Co, MT,Wallowa Co, OR,Washington Co, ID,Wheatland Co, MT,Wibaux Co, MT,Yellowstone Co, MT
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
- Supporting the annual goals, Regional Disaster Officer (RDO) objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
- Completes all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
- Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
- Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.)
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- Ability to follow and execute requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
- Ability to Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
- Ability to build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals and work in a team environment
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
- Disaster Action Team Fundamentals
- RC Respond: Overview
With additional training there are opportunities for individual and leadership development to serve as:
- DAT Service Associate on a DAT response.
- DAT Team Leader in support of the DAT preparedness.
- DAT Supervisor on a DAT response.
Additional training is available across all service lines to orient volunteer to additional activities and opportunities within the Red Cross.
Length of Appointment
Less than 5 hours per week pending unforeseen