NHQ:CIO - Content Writer
NHQ:CIO - Content Writer
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Chief Innovation Office (CIO). This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. The American Red Cross Innovation team focusses on leveraging new technologies to build products which have high mission impact. We are looking for a content writer who is interested in using their creative skills to help people in need. The Content Writer will help in the creation of donor, volunteer and employee facing material to communicate the work being done in the Innovation space. The goal is to use these materials to demonstrate the work being done and inspire the readers to contribute and help in the Innovation journey. The position is flexible with regards to availability and all the work can be done remotely. The ideal person should be self-driven and be able to pull the required information to create engaging content.Apply Now
Remote/Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
- Creation of compelling documents which can effectively communicate the work being done by the American Red Cross Innovation function and inspire the readers to engage & participate in the innovation journey.
- These documents could be brochures, newsletters or posters
- Receive content and create marketing/communications materials.
- Understand the project/facts and create a story to connect with end-users.
- Help in creating our communication focused Sharepoint page and keep that updated
- Creation of product overview brochure (after every new product is launched) and quarterly Innovation updates
- Merging visual design elements along with engaging content to create content artifacts
- Assist in creating the storyboard for videos
- 3-4+ years of content writing experience - Required
- Experience in storytelling, required (ideally for a mission-driven organization) - Preferred
- Experience using software to create brochures - Preferred
- Resume required
- Familiarity with merging visual design elements with engaging content - Required
At least around 20 hrs per month and ideally be available to support the team for 1 year
- Exposure to cutting edge technology and how leading nonprofits are innovating
- Immersion into how technology is being used at Red Cross for mission delivery
Length of Appointment
Minimum 6 months commitment, renewable
Talent Classification for Recruitment: Communication & Marketing
On the job training will be provided