NHQ:HR - Talent Acquisition Volunteer (Humanitarian Services)
NHQ:HR - Talent Acquisition Volunteer (Humanitarian Services)
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Human Resources(HR) team. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home opportunity). The Talent Acquisition (TA) Volunteer will provide support for a variety of activities within the HR space of Talent Acquisition and Recruiting. The primary responsibilities will include sourcing potential applicants, screening candidates, and providing administrative support to the Talent Advisors.Apply Now
Bronx County,Fairfield County (Greenwich CT),Kings County (Brooklyn),Long Island Chapter,New York County (Manhattan),Queens County,Richmond County (Staten Island),Westchester County
This is a virtual work-from-home opportunity providing flexible hours and the ability to work from anywhere in the United States. Volunteers must have their own computer, telephone, and a reliable internet connection. The American Red Cross will provide training to include access to required systems.
The Talent Acquisition (TA) Volunteer will provide support for a variety of activities within the HR space of Talent Acquisition and Recruiting. The primary responsibilities will include sourcing potential applicants, screening candidates, and providing administrative support to the Talent Advisors.
TA Volunteer activities may include:
Sourcing is the proactive search for qualified job candidates for current or planned open positions and the goal of sourcing is to collect relevant data about qualified candidates, such as names, job titles, and job responsibilities. The primary focus of this activity will be to proactively conduct research and investigate new ideas to create innovative sourcing strategies for open positions. The ideal volunteer candidate will have the ability to consult with both Recruiters and Hiring Managers and will develop in-depth sourcing plans.
- Analyzes market and industry data, draws conclusions, and designs, recommends and implements strategic recruiting plans that will capture top talent for the American Red Cross.
- Develops and maintains current talent pipeline for assigned positions in critical markets, including a diversity component, by utilizing a wide variety of passive candidate sourcing techniques (research, data mining, CRM database, direct solicitation, various recruitment technologies, etc).
- Ability to generate leads through strong networking skills and identify appropriate talent at competitors.
- Works on Talent Acquisition projects as assigned.
- Serves as expert resource for other recruiters on sourcing techniques.
This activity will involve screening applicant resumes through Applicant Tracking System (ATS) in comparison to required qualifications. Screener will be directly contacting qualified applicants by phone to conduct phone screen/phone interviews. Must follow specific documentation requirements and be able to manage information for various locations. Screener could be recruiting over multiple states and regions and must pay close attention to details related to specific territory involved. Ideal volunteer will be goal driven and motivated to meet specific quotas. Must be effective communicator and able to quickly assess candidate interest and qualifications by phone.
- Conducts interviews to recruit prospective employees and refers job applicants to specific job openings.
- Evaluate candidates based on employment factors such as job experience, education and training, skills, knowledge and abilities and other data pertinent to the selection and referral of candidates.
- Prepares rating on applicants.
- Corresponds with candidates to include providing company information and notification of employment consideration.
- Assist TA Advisor with maintaining and tracking job and candidate data for compliance to Equal Employment Opportunity and other related employment laws and regulations.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Responsible for scheduling of interviews, employee offer letters, and various administrative projects for the Talent Acquisition team. This individual will also play a key role in working in our applicant tracking system and performing administrative duties.
- Schedules all interview with candidates, hiring managers and their teams
- Reviews and facilitates required paperwork for all applicants
- Proactively communicates with new employee, hiring manager and advisor
- Conducts ongoing audits of various HR processes, programs and recommends improvements
- Completes offer letters and sends to candidate in a timely manner
- Coordinate various projects for the Talent Acquisition team
- Coordinates and books travel for candidates as appropriate
Length of Appointment
1 year; renewable
Talent Classification for Recruitment: Human Resources
- Welcome to American Red Cross Talent Acquisition
- Recruiting 101
- Workday ATS (Applicant Tracking System) Training Modules
- Sourcing Training
- Screening Training
- Admin Training
The vital work of the American Red Cross is made possible by people like you who contribute their unique backgrounds, talents and skill levels. Become a Volunteer. Your time and talent can make a real difference in people’s lives.
Must be able to provide their own reliable internet & telephone.
- 1-3 years of experience in an HR/recruiting function or related customer service experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in passive candidate sourcing, building talent pools and communities with proficiency in direct solicitation of candidates with strong hire conversion ratios.
- Proficiency in MS applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and development of presentations.
- An ability to use discretion and exercise confidentiality given the sensitive nature of work.
- Strong communications (written & verbal) and proactive customer service skills necessary.
- Experience in working with team members, showing diplomacy, patience and care.
- Must have experience and comfort working independently.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- An ability to multi-task, and learn quickly in a fast-paced matrixed environment with ever changing workloads and deadlines.
- Computer/database proficiency; experience with Microsoft Office/Outlook; internet savvy.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Management or related field
- Flexible Hours (Day, Evening, Weekends)
- 1 hour per week available during business hours (the rest of the hours for this position are flexible)