You are now being redirected to sign in to your Single Single On solution
Thank you for your interest in becoming an American Red Cross volunteer. To best help you in a timely manner, please carefully read the instructions below before starting the application.
1. ARE YOU 18 OR OLDER? The below application is for individuals 18 and older. We require background checks for all volunteers and employees 18+. If you are under 18, please STOP NOW and register using the Youth application.
2. DO YOU LIVE IN RHODE ISLAND? The below application is for individuals that want to volunteer in Rhode Island, USA. If you do not reside in Rhode Island, please go to http://www.redcross.org/find-your-local-chapter to find your local chapter's website and apply there.
3. MUST ACTIVATE ACCOUNT THROUGH EMAIL. Once you complete the below application, you will receive an email to activate your account. Your application will NOT be received by the local chapter until you activate it. If you do not receive an email within an hour, please check your spam or junk folder.
4. 21 DAYS TO COMPLETE INTAKE STEPS. Once you activate your account, there are additional steps to complete your volunteer onboarding. Within one week, a member of our Intake and Placement Team will do our best to reach out to you to remind you about completing your steps. If you do not complete your steps within 21 days, your account will be archived.
5. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? After you activate your account, log back in and complete all steps hyperlinked in blue. Once you have completed your steps and your background check comes back (adults only), someone will contact you within a week to place you into a volunteer role!
Disaster Services volunteer requirements: Must be at least 16 years old, provide own transportation, and complete all required Disaster trainings.
Please note: Blood Services volunteer roles are NOT available in Rhode Island.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the American Red Cross. We look forward to seeing you soon!