CT: General Adult Volunteer (In person Orientation)
Thank you for your interest in becoming an American Red Cross volunteer. Please carefully read the instructions below before starting your application.
1. ARE YOU 18 OR OLDER? The below application is for individuals 18 and older. We require background checks for all volunteers and employees 18+. If you are under 18, please STOP NOW, return to our Volunteer page, and register using the Youth Volunteer Application.
2. DO YOU LIVE IN CONNECTICUT? The below application is for individuals that want to volunteer in Connecticut, USA. If you do not reside in Connecticut, please go to http://www.redcross.org/find-your-local-chapter to find your local chapter's website and apply there.
3. MUST ACTIVATE ACCOUNT THROUGH EMAIL. Once you complete the below application, you will receive an email to activate your account. Your application will NOT be received by your local chapter until you activate it. If you do not receive an email within an hour, please check your spam or junk folder.
4. 21 DAYS TO COMPLETE INTAKE STEPS. Once you activate your account, there are additional steps to complete your volunteer onboarding. Within one week, a member of our Intake and Placement Team will do our best to reach out to you to remind you to complete your steps. If you do not complete your steps within 21 days, your account will be archived.
5. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? After you activate your account, log back in to https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org with your username and password and complete all steps hyperlinked in blue. Once you have completed your steps and your background check comes back (adults only), someone will contact you within a week to place you into a volunteer role!
Blood Drive volunteer requirements: Must be at least 13 years old with weekday, daytime (M-F) availability at least one day per month for a 5 hour shift, provide own transportation, and attend a mandatory Blood Drive training. (Please note: Phlebotomy is NOT a volunteer position)
Disaster Services volunteer requirements: Must be at least 16 years old, provide own transportation, and complete all required Disaster trainings.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the American Red Cross. We look forward to seeing you soon!